1. Learn the Fear of the Lord
- “Whoever fears the Lord has a secure fortress, and for his children it will be a refuge” (Proverbs 14:26 NIV).
- Wisdom is building the house, knowledge is furnishing it (Proverbs 24:3-4, 9:10).
- You will know the fear of the Lord when you don’t withhold from God your last and “only” (Genesis 22:12).
2. Learn Discipline
- Ask yourself: “What is most important?” Then, remember that what you want, or feel like now, will often be in conflict with it. So make choices based on your priorities.
- “Like an athlete I punish my body, treating it roughly, training it to do what it should, not what it wants to.” (I Corinthians 9:27 TLB)
- Areas of discipline: Time, Money, Dependability, etc.
3. Have Faith
- God is a multiplier if you have faith (Matthew 14:16-20).
- The stages of faith:
- Believing in God
- Learning about God
- Working for God
- The Wall!
- Living with God
- Loving like God