- Zac Poonen: God's Original Plan for Man
- Zac Poonen: The Humility of the Exemplary Man
- Zac Poonen: Q&A with Zac Poonen at RLCF Men's Conference 2020
- Zac Poonen: Men Who Are Rooted in the Love of God
April 25th, 2020
- To “act like men” is to return to the original purpose with which God created man in His own image.
- When we are born again, God wants to begin the work of restoring us to His original plan for man.
- To be the type of man God wants us to be, we must live by faith – which means to be dependent on Christ in exactly the same way as a branch is helplessly dependent on its tree to produce fruit.
- God created only one woman for Adam in Eden. So to be the type of man God wants us to be, we must be content with the wife God has given us and not have eyes for any other woman.
- God wanted Adam to rule over all of creation. So to be the type of man God wants us to be, we must rule over earthly things like wealth.
- To be the type of man God wants us to be is to not hide like Adam hid when he sinned, but to come into the light and acknowledge our sins.
- Jesus is the Perfect Example of the type of Man God wanted all men to be. So, to be that type of man, we must look at Jesus’ example and take up our cross every day and follow Him (Hebrews 12:1-2).
- To follow Jesus’ example is to endure the shame of being despised and rejected by the “religious camp of today’s Christendom” (Hebrews 13:12).
- To follow Jesus’ example is to find our joy in the presence of God (Hebrews 12:2 and Psalm 16:11).
- To follow Jesus’ example is to manifest the life of Jesus to the world, just as Jesus manifested the Father when He was on earth (John 1:18).
- To follow Jesus’ example is to keep our mouth shut when we are falsely accused (I Peter 2:23).
- We can learn what it means to follow Jesus’ example from the life of Paul who exhorts us to follow him as he followed Jesus, and who was faithful to that calling until the end of his life.
- To be the type of man God wants us to be is to stay within our God-appointed boundaries and to give others (like our wife) their space and to respect their boundaries.
- To be the type of man God wants us to be is to forgive others totally. The test of whether we have done this thoroughly is by checking whether we rejoice when something good happens to them and also grieve when something bad happens to them.
- To be the type of man God wants us to be is to be filled with the Holy Spirit at all times. For that, we must keep a good conscience always. One hole in a vessel is enough to empty a vessel of water – and one unforgiving attitude is enough to drain your life of the power of the Holy Spirit.
- To be the type of man God wants us to be is to encourage others daily – beginning with your wife and children whom you see daily, and then the brothers and sisters in your local church.
- To be the type of man God wants us to be is to speak the truth in love. For that, we must judge ourselves first and preach only about such matters as we have judged ourselves in.
- To be the type of man God wants us to be is to be rooted in the love of God. That means being permanently at rest in the assurance that God loves us as He loves Jesus (John 17:23).